How to Find out a Best Place for Conversation
There is not a single place to talk about the relationship, but it should be a place where both can express their feelings and discuss their future together. Consider what is good for you and for the boy.
- You should probably have this conversation while you are alone. You may want to talk about it on a walk on the beach, in the park or in one of their houses.
- If there is a place that is special for you, such as the location of your first appointment or a favorite monument, you can choose to have a speech there to make it memorable.
- If you ask while you are in the car or eating out, you may feel trapped. Make the conversation in a place where both are comfortable.
- Make sure the man is not distracted. Do not ask during a movie, while you are with friends or when you are working.
It may be tempting to send a text message or a message to a child to ask, but these questions are best handled in person. Talking in person allows you to explore different options for your relationship. If there is any question or concern, the guy has, you can deal with them together.
- If you are in a long-distance relationship, it may not be easy to meet in person. If you can have this conversation during a visit, you may want to wait until the end before asking, in case you receive a negative response. If you cannot do the consultation in person, calling is the next best option.
Consider waiting for your man to bring him first.
If calling your “boyfriend” is not a high priority, consider waiting to see if your boy mentions him first. This also lets you know if your child is comfortable with using titles or labels to define their relationship. This could be a good option if you are not sure of your feelings or if you think you are not sure of the relationship.
- Do not wait forever for a man to ask the question. Make an appointment for you before asking. For example, you could give him a month to ask it yourself.
Present the question at the correct time.
During your stay, you should concentrate on your relaxation. Wait a good moment to present the topic. Wait for a moment that seems “right” or “special”. If you encounter difficulties with this, you can follow some basic guidelines.
- If you congratulate, you could congratulate him by initiating a conversation about what you like about each other. It is a natural transition in the discourse of the relationship.
- If there is a period of silence, you can raise the problem. Say how happy you are at this moment and see if the conversation gets up.
- At the end of your appointment or when leaving, you can say: “Hey, before you leave, I wanted to talk to you about something”.